New 800G transceivers address challenges to datacenter & cloud connectivity in terms of port density, power and cost.
WEST HILLS, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–#OFC2021–Source Photonics, a leading vendor of optical connectivity products, announced a range of 800G optical transceivers for Datacenter and Telecom applications during the OFC 2021 virtual event today.
As the initial wave of widescale deployment of 400G is taking place in datacenters, hyperscale datacenter customers are already looking into 800G and beyond, together with the release of 25.6T switching ASIC, to further support the increasing demand for bandwidth-intensive applications. The 800G client interfaces will not only double port density over currently available 400G transceivers, but also are expected to further reduce per gigabit power and cost over equivalent 400G client interfaces.
Source Photonics is deeply engaged with key customers to ensure these solutions meet market requirements for these critical applications. Source Photonics leverages vertical integration for optical chips and assembly, which enables industry leading performance and power consumption. The portfolio of 800G transceivers for Switching and Routing applications includes:
800G DR8 OSFP & QSFP-DD800
- Support 500m, 2km and 10km reaches for 800G-DR8, 800G-DR8+ and 800G-DR8++, respectively
- Support 8x100GbE and 2x400GbE breakout modes
- Compliant to IEEE P802.3ck and IEEE 802.3cu-2021 standards
- Complaint to OSFP Multi Source Agreement (MSA) and QSFP-DD800 MSA
800G DR8 OSFP supports
- Dual MPO-12 for backward compatible to 2x400GbE DR4 breakout
- 800G DR8 QSFP-DD800 supports MPO-16
2x400G FR4 OSFP & QSFP-DD800
- Support 2km, 6km and 10km reaches for 2x400G-FR4, 2x400G-LR4-6 and 2x400G-LR4-10, respectively
- Compliant to IEEE P802.3ck, IEEE 802.3cu-2021 and 100G Lambda MSA standards
- Complaint to OSFP MSA and QSFP-DD800 MSA
2x400G FR4 OSFP supports
- Dual CS
- Dual LC for legacy fiber plants
- 2x400G FR4 QSFP-DD800 supports Dual CS
“Multiple 800G transceiver offerings in different form factors and optical interfaces will be available to support optical connectivity between transport, routing and switching equipment,” said Sheng Zhang, CTO at Source Photonics. “These transceivers will be available for customer samples starting Q3’21 to address the demand that has been accelerated by the COVID-19 pandemic.”
Along with these newly released OSFP and QSFP-DD 800G products, customers can visit the Source Photonics virtual Booth #2425 from June 7-11 to learn more about other product offerings.
About Source Photonics:
Source Photonics is a leading provider of innovative and reliable optical communications technology that enables communications and connectivity in datacenters, metro, and access networks. We invent next-generation solutions to provide customers with enabling technologies to support the rapidly increasing demands of cloud infrastructure, wireless communications, routing, and fiber-to-the-premises worldwide. Source Photonics is headquartered in West Hills, California, with manufacturing facilities, R&D, and sales offices worldwide. For more information about Source Photonics, please visit www.sourcephotonics.com.